Period poverty is a global issue, and it affects women in every country. The lack of access to reusable menstrual products can lead to health issues and even death. Menstrual cups are an affordable solution that provides women with better quality of life along with their periods.
Reusable vs non-reusable menstrual products
There are two main types of menstrual products: reusable and non-reusable. Reusable menstrual cups are the most sustainable option, as they do not require any disposal after use. Non-reusable pads and tampons are less environmentally friendly because they contain chemicals that can harm ecosystems and the environment.
If you want to purchase reusable menstrual products, you can check for stores online near you. You may also want to check out some reviews online before making your purchase decision. Brands like AdetCup and DivaCup have the best reviews internationally.
Non-reusable menstrual products and environmental pollution
Non-reusable menstrual products are not eco-friendly. They are not recyclable, and they end up in landfills where they can take 500-1000 years to decompose. Non-reusable menstrual products also contribute to period poverty since they are expensive in the long run. Non-reusable menstrual products do not reduce waste materials as much as reusable ones would.
Eco-conscious menstrual products
Reusable menstrual products are an environmentally friendly and economical alternative to disposable pads and tampons. They’re also better for your health since they don’t contain chemicals or fragrances. Reusable menstrual cups can last for years—or even decades!
Health impacts of using sustainable eco-friendly menstrual products
- There are several health impacts associated with using reusable menstrual cups.
- The most notable benefit is that it reduces the risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) which can occur in women who use tampons or pads every day. TSS can also be found in people who have a weakened immune system and/or have a history of autoimmune diseases such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, so this product may help protect those who are at risk from developing these conditions.
- Another benefit is that reusable menstrual cups reduce the risk of infection because they don’t have bacteria growing inside them like disposable pads do when used for an extended period of time (more than 12 hours). This makes them more hygienic than disposable items because there’s no chance for bacteria to grow on either side – one side will always touch your skin while wearing a cup! Plus if you choose not to wash out your cup after every use then any germs present will stay inside until next time instead.”
Ending period poverty through the use of reusable menstrual products
There are many reasons why you should use reusable menstrual products. Reducing the amount of waste going to landfill and incineration is one reason. But there are also environmental benefits that come with using reusable products:
- They’re less likely to be disposed of as medical waste or disposed of in landfills (which can create an air pollution problem).
- They aren’t made from plastic, so they don’t contribute to the ocean’s plastic pollution problem. Plastic doesn’t biodegrade easily, so when it winds up in our oceans it stays there forever—unless someone cleans up what has already been thrown away! There’s no such thing as “away” when it comes down to pollution problems caused by human activity; however small that action may seem at first glance compared with larger issues like climate change or global warming…
Menstrual cups and sustainable period care
When you choose reusable menstrual products, you’ll save money on your period care and make sure that your body is getting the best possible care.
You can also be sure to have a better experience during the month of your period. With reusable menstrual cups, you won’t have to worry about buying tampons or pads every month—or worse yet, throwing away those boxes after only one use! Reusable menstrual products are made from natural materials like silicone or latex (which are free of harmful chemicals). They’re also leak-proof so no more worrying about leaky messes in your pants or underwear! And because they’re reusable, they’ll last longer than disposable options too!
We hope we’ve given you a better understanding of what menstrual cups are, how they can help us save the environment, and why they are such a great option for eco-conscious women like yourself. Now that you know all about this product, it’s time to start making your decision and purchase one! If you want some tips on how to get started with reusable period cups, check out AdetGuides.